What would be your best tips for my leather handbag care?
- Dry soft cloths are best for your handbag, try dabbing the area with a clean dry cloth, before letting the damp spots dry naturally.
- Every other day give your UPbag a brisk sweep with a soft cloth.
- Should your leather handbag get wet, remove any residual water immediately with a paper towel, pack loosely with paper and allow it to dry naturally.
- Look for a water repellent that is made with natural ingredients, try to stay away from synthetic cleaners - especially ones that are petroleum-based.
- Spray on a cloth and not directly on the bag and rub in gently in the direction of the grain.
- Be careful with handbag conditioners and creams for distressed leather as they can saturate the textured leather and leave marks in the original effect.
- If there is an obvious tide mark add a little more water before the item dries to soften tide mark edge by progressively wiping the edge of the wet area with a damp sponge, then allow to slow dry.
- If your handbag has already been noticeably damaged by rain or water we recommend you contact an expert. While some dry cleaners will offer specialist leather or handbag services, a leather technician should be easy enough to track down via google.
- High heat measures like using a hairdryer ruin the skin.
- Never put your UPbag in a washing machine.
What can I do in case of severe liquids damage?
Severe liquids (coffee, wine, tea ...) mark stains on your new designer UPbag please consult a professional garment cleaner or leather expert.
Will my UPbag change it's characteristics over time?
UP Design uses fine quality leathers to create a unique range of UPbags. Leather is a natural product and variations in color, surface and texture are inherent qualities that will become more characteristic with use. The intrinsic variations of leather should not be mistaken as faults. Care should be taken to prolong the life of leather products.
How should I best treat my handbag in order to preserve it?
- Keep your UPbag away from sharp, abrasive or rough surfaces to prevent scratching.
- Avoid wearing light colored clothing with dark colored leathers. Light surface marks and dull patches can often be blended using a clean dry light-color cloth rubbing gently in a circular motion.
- Refrain from overfilling or exposing your UPbag to water, as this can distort the shape and reduce strength.
- Avoid direct heat or prolonged exposure to sunlight as this can discolor and harden the leather.
- UP Design recommends specialist advice from reputable retailers when using any form of leather care products. Test a small non-visible area of your handbag before use.
- When not in use, store your handbag in the UP Design cloth bag to protect the surface of the leather from dirt and marks.
I've just bought my leather handbag but I'm worried about scratching the surface and taking it out in the rain!
Don't be. The absolute best thing about leather is it's ability to age beautifully. Remember that leather has been used for centuries as a working material, it's one of the hardiest products out there. Just make sure you follow our leather care instructions and feel free to get in touch for specific advice.
Where do your source your leather from?
Here at UP DESIGN we strive to source our materials from ethically aware companies in Italy in some occasions locally from Slovenia. On occasion due to excess demand and fluctuation in supply levels, we will occasionally source our raw materials from other sources within the EU. You can be assured that all our leather and hardware suppliers meet our strict policy standards in regards to animal welfare and workforce safety standards.
Are all your products really made in Slovenia?
All of our products are hand crafted by us in our design workshop, based in Slovenia. We do not source our products from anywhere else or supply products from any other organisations. We proudly make our own products in Slovenia.
How do I return an item?
We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us. We have created this 14-day returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances where:
1. we receive the returned product within 14 days following the date of delivery of the product;
2. the returned product is unused and in its original packaging, with any strap/shoulder pad/back pack straps inside the bag with any labels still attached and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new.